Friday, June 15, 2012

New Discovery

Early this spring, our neighbors had a cocktail party to say "welcome to town" for us. Besides being able to meet everyone, the best thing about the party was hands down this bowl of delicious-ness.

DSC_0222

It's pimento cheese.
I don't like pimento cheese.
Actually, I've never had it before but it seemed like something that I wouldn't like....pimentos are weird.

When we walked into the party the host grabbed a cracker, spread a huge hunk of pimento cheese on it and handed it to me with absolute certainty that I would eat it.
I couldn't say no.
It was a horrible moment and I braced myself.

BUT I LOVED IT.
Evidently it's a secret family recipe that's been handed down from generation to generation. It was so good.

Since the party we've been to their house twice and both times the pimento cheese has also been in attendance. I've made it very clear that I think it's some of the best stuff I've ever eaten. They've made it very clear that the recipe is still a secret.

Sigh.

And so begins my quest to find a recipe for pimento cheese.
Do you have one that isn't a secret?

Let me know- pronto!

No comments: