Monday, March 26, 2012

Cauliflower Steaks- who knew???

I got this awesome recipe from Janet @ The Gardener's Cottage. Janet has no idea who I am but I read her blog regularly and find her life to be fascinating. She's a living simply in an adorable cottage, is a vegan and puts together great looking outfits for under $10. I'd classify her as pretty fabulous.


I'm not sure what pushed me to try this recipe- something about the title, cauliflower steaks must have appealed to my inner vegetable lover or maybe my outer meat lover. Truthfully I didn't think I had an inner vegetable lover but I'm willing to give it a go. Jon loves cauliflower (I had no idea this was the case....wonder what else he's got hidden up his sleeve) and since I had nothing to lose, I tried them.


Janet altered a recipe from here. I used the original and modified it a bit to suit my taste and what I had in the refrigerator. I love the presentation!



It was delish. I read the comments and took the advice of one person who added Parmesan cheese. You really can't go wrong with Parmesan (unless of course you're a vegan....and then clearly my statement is vastly incorrect). We grilled the steaks vs. pan cooking and had great results- the flavors were amazing.

Verdict from BOTH of us- A.
I highly recommend!

1 comment:

The Browns said...

i'm sorry, what??? I had to check the date to make sure it wasn't posted on April Fool's Day. Did the cottage lady post her's on April Fools Day??